If you have been toying with the idea of installing or replacing your sash windows, we are pleased to be able to offer a new product that has been taking the market by storm lately. Elegant, efficient, and versatile, this month we take a look at the key features of Flush Sash windows to help you decide if they are right for you and your home too.
What are Flush Sash windows?
Simply put, they have been designed to look like timber and have a distinctive sash design which finishes flush with the window when closed. This gives them a very elegant look which will fit in with any period features in your home and sets them apart from existing products on the market.
How do they work?
The design of flush windows uses dummy sashes to give the frames the appearance of having the same width which is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye as it creates what is known as equal sightlines.
What are they made of?
Flush windows are made of u-PVC material, but look like traditional timber. This gives you the full benefits of modern materials with the beauty and sophistication that come from timber.
What are their benefits over other designs?
The benefits are numerous and varied, including:
- Low maintenance. Unlike timber windows, Flush Sash windows are made of u-PVC which means they require less maintenance and will not need frequent re-painting.
- Efficient. The u-PVC material also means that heat is better retained than with aluminium or wood options as the insulation factors are greater. Better heat retention means lower energy bills for you as well.
- Quiet. Better materials and the option to select the level of glazing that is right of you means that you could have great sound proofing, closing out the outside world and enjoying the warmth and silence of your home.
- Safe.Flush Sash windows have multi-locking points as standard in their design, giving you peace of mind that your home is secure and safe.
- Conservation-friendly. The flush design of these sash windows means that they are more likely to be accepted for properties with period or heritage properties, listed buildings, or those within conservation areas. You should always check with your local authority first before making any changes to your property if it is listed or in a conservation area to be sure. You can do so by having a look at the Planning Portal requirements.
Whatever your property type – country cottage, urban townhouse, or new-build – Flush Sash windows could be a great addition to the design and overall aesthetic of your home, letting you stand out from the crowd with simple understated elegance.
For more details, or for some advice on whether Flush Sash windows are suitable for your home, our 1st Scenic team is here to lend a helping hand. You can find us on 01689 829 600 or at where we can talk you through the options and help you decide if it is right for you.